A new international initiative has launched that uses large-scale 3D printing to transform the plastic waste of cities into a number of useful applications for urban environments, including bespoke outdoor furniture.
The project uses plastic waste to create practical pieces for urban spaces. Image by Print Your City
Called Print Your City, the project was created by The New Raw, a research and design studio based in Rotterdam run by the architects Foteini Setaki and Panos Sakkas. “As the name suggests, the project is a call to action, rallying citizens to recycle household plastic waste in order to transform it into raw material for public furniture,” the design firm said.
Proposed as a country-spanning project, the first outcome of the Print Your City project is the XXX bench, a bespoke piece designed for the municipality of Amsterdam. The process used reprocessed plastic pellets from municipal waste to create a bench that weighs 50 kilograms and measures 150 centimetres and is 100% recyclable. Produced in collaboration with Aectual on a large scale pellet extrusion 3D printer, the bench was created in a short material circle, which could constantly be fed with additional material. According to the project, in Amsterdam alone residents generate an average of 23 kilograms of plastic waste per person annually, roughly enough to 3D print one bench for every two people per year.
The process used reprocessed plastic pellets from municipal plastic waste to create the bench. Image by Print Your City
The XXX bench seats two to four people and takes the form of a double-sided rocking chair, designed to act as a statement on working together. Visitors sitting on the bench are able to use their equilibrium and energy to rock each other, and it can easily be customised in shape or function to integrate messages or logos. Following on from XXX, the project will focus on the development of a broader range of urban furniture and public space applications such as bus stops, recycling bins and playgrounds.
More information on the Print Your City project is available at the official website.
Brand name: AFUNTA
ABS extrusion temperature:230 ℃-260℃
Color: Red, purple,bule, black, white, Yellow, Orange, Green, Pink
Quantity: 20 m/pc x 9 pcs
a single package Material Weight: 50 grams (plus or minus 2 g)
- ABS extrusion temperature:230 ℃-260℃
- Diameter :1.75mm
- Color:Red,purple,bule,black,white,Yellow, Orange, Green, Pink colour
- Longth: 20m per pc
Check Out Our Website For Details…
This item is manufactured with premium material for durable and long lasting use. Stainless steel blades with wood handles, it is perfect for all types of paint mix media art supplies. Five pallete knives set with different blade shapes and sizes provides great help for you.
– Color: Dark red.
– Material: Stainless steel and wood.
– Size: About 23 * 2.3 * 1cm/9.06 * 0.91 * 0.39inch(L*W*H).
– Made of high quality material, it is durable and long lasting use.
– This product is suitable for color shaping, mixing, wall creation, mural, art class and many other applications.
– Perfect for professional artists, creative hobbyists, art students, art teachers and painting lovers.
– These knives are in different dimensions and shapes, which make it easy to make innovative creation onto canvas. Different pigments can be mixed to get yourself impressed. Their sizes vary a lot so they are suitable for wider applications.
5 * 3D Printer Tool Kit 3D Print Removal Tool Spatula Palette Knife Painting
- Made of high quality material, it is durable and long lasting use.
- This product is suitable for color shaping, mixing, wall creation, mural, art class and many other applications.
- Perfect for professional artists, creative hobbyists, art students, art teachers and painting lovers.
- These knives are in different dimensions and shapes, which make it easy to make innovative creation onto canvas. Different pigments can be mixed to get yourself impressed. Their sizes vary a lot so they are suitable for wider applications.
- Size: About 23 * 2.3 * 1cm/9.06 * 0.91 * 0.39inch(L*W*H).
Click Here If You Need More Detailed Info…
The INSTONE Mini 3D Printer boasts a 4.3x 4.3 x 4.9 inch, no need to leveling print bed, and an auto-calibrating extruder module which ensures the user gets the best possible prints.
Software: iNSTONE 3D, Cura, Simplify 3D, etc.
Build volume: 4.3 x 4.3 x 4.9 inch
Package size: 9.85 x 9.85 x 14 inch
Mini 3D Printer *1
Bottom Plate *1
Power Supply *1
Date Line *1
TF Card *1
Card Reader *1
Glue Stick *1
1 year for printer; 6 months for motor
Note: Do not touch the nozzle when using! Hot!
- Creativity – iNSTONE Easier Mini 3D Printer inspires your imagination and wake your inner art talent
- Easy Use – Just 6 Steps you can make any items you want. All the operations can be done just with a knob
- Portable – Small Size 7.5*7.7*10.4(in) and light weight 5.3(lb) make you can easily enjoy the creation everywhere and anytime whatever you are doing: working, preparing paper even cooking
- Big discount on filament – You will get 30% off on our filament after you ordered iNSTONE Mini printers.
- iNSTONE Quality Assurance/Technical Assistance – Live service every day||ready to answer all technical questions ||Follow us: Skype: instone 3D / Facebook: Instone 3D/ Youtube: Instone 3D
Click Here If You Need More Detailed Info…