A new international initiative has launched that uses large-scale 3D printing to transform the plastic waste of cities into a number of useful applications for urban environments, including bespoke outdoor furniture.
The project uses plastic waste to create practical pieces for urban spaces. Image by Print Your City
Called Print Your City, the project was created by The New Raw, a research and design studio based in Rotterdam run by the architects Foteini Setaki and Panos Sakkas. “As the name suggests, the project is a call to action, rallying citizens to recycle household plastic waste in order to transform it into raw material for public furniture,” the design firm said.
Proposed as a country-spanning project, the first outcome of the Print Your City project is the XXX bench, a bespoke piece designed for the municipality of Amsterdam. The process used reprocessed plastic pellets from municipal waste to create a bench that weighs 50 kilograms and measures 150 centimetres and is 100% recyclable. Produced in collaboration with Aectual on a large scale pellet extrusion 3D printer, the bench was created in a short material circle, which could constantly be fed with additional material. According to the project, in Amsterdam alone residents generate an average of 23 kilograms of plastic waste per person annually, roughly enough to 3D print one bench for every two people per year.
The process used reprocessed plastic pellets from municipal plastic waste to create the bench. Image by Print Your City
The XXX bench seats two to four people and takes the form of a double-sided rocking chair, designed to act as a statement on working together. Visitors sitting on the bench are able to use their equilibrium and energy to rock each other, and it can easily be customised in shape or function to integrate messages or logos. Following on from XXX, the project will focus on the development of a broader range of urban furniture and public space applications such as bus stops, recycling bins and playgrounds.
More information on the Print Your City project is available at the official website.
Multiple color 1.75mm dimension filament compatible with most 3D printers and pens, such as for MakerBot, Anet & so on.
ABS plastic material with high strength & great toughness.
1kg plastic spool packaged, support automatically feeding.
210°C – 250°C printing temperature.
Ideal filament for DIY 3D printing lovers.
Print temperature: 210°C – 250°C
Net Weight: 1Kg / 2.2Lb
Gross Weight: Approx. 1241g / 2.7Lb
Package Size: 21 * 21 * 8cm / 8.3 * 8.3 * 3.1in
Package Weight: Approx. 1340g / 3Lb
1 * ABS Filament
The color of the item may vary slightly due to photography and your own computer, please in kind prevail, thanks!
- Multiple color 1.75mm dimension filament compatible with most 3D printers and pens, such as for MakerBot, Anet & so on.
- ABS plastic material with high strength & great toughness.
- 1kg plastic spool packaged, support automatically feeding.
- 210°C – 250°C printing temperature.
- Ideal filament for DIY 3D printing lovers.
Detailed Information available on our Homepage…
Difference between ABS and PLA.
-ABS: Toxic and not easy to be melted, It smell a little bad and not environment friendly as PLA.
-PLA: Odorless, Non-toxic, Environment Friendly.
PLA extrusion temperature: 190 degree – 210 degree. Diameter: 1.75mm
Color: white,black,pink,red,dark blue,purple,sky blue,yellow,orange,green.
Longth: 10m/Pcs, Smooth, kink-free and reliable
- Imported environment-friendly printing filaments. No impurities mixed which keeps you away from any possible blocking or bubble hassle when creating your own masterpiece with a 3D printing pen
- 10 Multi-colors to choose from based on your needs -white,black,pink,red,dark blue,purple,sky blue,yellow,orange,green . Easy and quick solidification shaping,time & energy saving
- Its superb quality gives you a zero distortion in printing performance. That is to say each color selection can maximize its color accuracy. And you will not miss a bit of exquisition of the 3D artwork you created
- Great gift and tutorial artcraft set for your kids. Just spend more time with your children even though you might be crazy busy with your daily work, make drawing a picture a daily target
- Compatible with most 3D pen or any other 3D printing devices. Made by non-toxic PLA material, no any irritant smells, 100% safe and are all well packed with vacuum bags
Check Out Our Website For Details…
ABS temperature range 210-225 ℃
PLA temperature range 180-195 ℃
Technical specifications: Diameter 1.75 mm
Single pack weight: 18 g (plus or minus 2 g)
Amount: 10 m * 20 pieces
20 Colors: white black, red, yellow, green, purple orange gold silver violet gray-brown skin color pink transparent colors blue fluorescent yellow wood color ivory bronze.
1. Deliveries are made of polylactic acid (ABS) production, which is a new type of biodegradable material made from plant raw materials (such as maize), the proposed use of renewable starch materials.
2. ABS has a low shrinkage, even when printing large format model also good.
3. ABS a low melt strength, simple shaping printing model, excellent in surface luster, colorful.
4. Deliveries and 3D printing pen perfect to leave more DIY magic art.
- ELEGIANT 3D Pen Filament For 3D pens and 3D printers. Diameter of filament: 1.75mm; Length per color: 5 meters.
- The deliveries are made from polylactic acid (ABS) production, which is a new type of biodegradable material made from vegetable raw materials (such as maize), the proposed use of renewable starch materials.
- With the many different colors of your creativity free run. Using these amazing filaments is a joy thanks to the fact that they harden very easily and you will be able to make amazing creations in a matter of minutes.
- Laser controlled extrusion process guarantees extremely dense, precise diameters. Smooth, kink-free and reliable. Individual coils with reusable guide wires. Our filament is completely made of ABS material.
- The package contains 16 colors (Besides 4 Glow in Dark Colors) ¨White Black Red Yellow Green Orange Red Rose Fluorescent Blue Pink Fluorescent Yellow Fluorescent Orange Sky-blue Lavendar Skin Colour Dark Brown Grey Blue Fluorescent Green Deep Purple Peach Red.
Check Out Our Website For Details…